California Prop 65 WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.p65warnings.ca.govX
DESCRIPTIONSeasoning Mix For Meat & Lentil Mix
PACKAGING50g Serving Suggestion
- Red Chili
- Black Pepper
- Curry Leaf
- Green Cardamom
- Bay Leaf
- Dehydrated Onion
- Citric Acid
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein
- Canola Oil
- Silicon Dioxide
- Dried Papaya Powder
No Artificial Food Color
- May contain traces of Sulphite, Sesame, Mustard, Gluten and Tree Nuts.
|% Daily Value*|
|The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
As per gram
4-6 large boneless portions
1 cup/200 g
Daal Chana/Split Yellow Lentil
½ cup /100 g
Shan Haleem Mix
Steps of Cooking
- Heat half oil/ghee, add meat, garlic paste and Shan Haleem Mix. Stir fry for few minutes. Then add 15 cups water, lentil, wheat and bones. Cover and simmer on low heat until meat is tender (Beef 4-6 hours, Chicken 3-4 hours). Stir occasionally.
- Separate bones from curry and discard. Coarsely grind the curry with a wooden spoon or grind in a blender for 1-2 minutes. (Avoid grinding into a paste).
- Cook on low heat for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Add additional water, if needed.
- Heat remaining oil/ghee and fry onion until golden. Pour into the haleem. Cover and simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
Garnish with fried onions, julienne ginger, green chilies, Shan Chaat Masala and lime juice.
Tips for best result:
Use meat portions from breast and thigh.