VISION AND MISSION
Shan to become an iconic culinary brand enjoyed on every table every day across the world.
The journey of Shan’s remarkable success starts from 1981 when the dream of one man became a reality.
A visionary entrepreneur, an avowed humanist and a committed philanthropist, Mr. Sikander Sultan, Chairman, Shan Foods (Pvt.) Ltd, helped pave the way to success by pioneering in the spice business with a single room operation.
Initially, recipe mixes were only shared within the broader family but in a very short span of time they gained popularity and orders started pouring in from friends, acquaintances and general consumers. Overtime, the company prospered and Mr. Sultan decided to launch his very own brand, “SHAN” and since then there has been no turning back!
Today, Shan is a powerful global brand that has presence in over 70 countries across 5 continents.
At Shan Foods, our Research & Development comprises of a team of experts and culinary food scientists who work directly with the Board of Directors.
These dedicated professionals work religiously to deliver an enticing world of flavors and innovative food products under direct supervision of our board.
This reflects in our diverse range of high quality food products while maintaining a wide range of successful recipes mixes that have already left a mark within the spice industry across the globe.
Our modern R&D lab is equipped with high-end commercial kitchen and state-of-the-art equipment to accelerate and aid innovation. This also includes sensory facilities for objective evaluation of the different characteristics in our finished products. With its extensive resources, Shan’s R&D continuously explores new ideas and strives to develop trending prototype food products.
At Shan Foods, upholding quality is the base of what we stand for. We strive to set our Quality Operations as a benchmark for the industry at large.
Our mission is to provide our consumers with supreme standards of product quality, safety and consistency.
Our Quality Control department regularly monitors the different phases of production from research & development to packaging and distribution while conforming to national and international regulation and legislation. This ensures highest quality at each stage of production for our consumers to safely enjoy our food products.
Industrial Quality Checks
At Shan Foods, products across all categories are manufactured, packed, stored and transported under the most hygienic conditions while maintaining international quality standards. This is made possible through regular quality checks and audits involving rigorous inspection of all products as per international best practices.
Inspection of raw materials, semi-finished products and finished goods is done for a thorough examination at all stages of production in addition to product shelf-life study and analysis of market samples. Quality checks are also conducted at all levels of production which are detailed and intricate such as specialized chemical physical testing and microbiological evaluation of ingredients and products.
Innovation in Quality Assurance
As pioneers in Pakistan’s packaged spice industry, we have incorporated Cryogenic Grinding Technology that preserves the natural components and aroma of raw spices through the use of liquid nitrogen. This not only ensures that all heat-sensitive oils are kept intact during the grinding process but also establishes hygienic grinding practices that keeps the food free of bacteria.
Shan Foods is the only organization in the domestic spice industry which uses food-grade nitrogen & aluminum foil packaging to preserve freshness and quality also known as V-Lock Freshness. This process ensures air tight packing of products to maintain high quality taste, appearance, aroma and texture.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
Shan Foods Private Limited is dedicated to provide a workplace that is safe and secure and provides a respectable working environment for all of our employees. Shan Foods Private Limited also believes in minimizing the environmental impact in our business activities. Management and Employees of Shan Foods Private Limited is thus directed to achieve these goals by:
- Ensuring that the business meets all obligatory requirements.
- Developing and maintaining systems to manage our Health, Safety and Environmental programs at all levels of the organization.
- Setting clear targets for continual improvements and monitoring these targets to ensure that they are being achieved.
- Striving our best to ensure that we operate, and assess our facilities, ensuring the protection of the environment within our facility and around us, and for the protection of the Health and Safety of our employees, contractors, visitors and others.
- Develop and implement effective HSE risk management system focusing on elimination and/or otherwise reduce HSE risk to an acceptable level (Including Environment Impacts).
- Focus on green practices, pollution reduction, optimize energy efficiency and manage waste through 3R's methodology (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle).
- Ensuring consultation and participation of workers in development, implementation and review of HSE management system.
- Providing training, motivating and engaging employees so that they understand their HSE responsibilites and participate actively in the HSE Programs to promote HSE culture.
- Periodically evaluate audit and assess our HSE performance against stated goals and principles
- Effective communications to relevent stakeholders and interested parties on applicable HSE Related matters.
We as Management of Shan Foods Private Limited is committed to this Health, Safety and Environmental Policy. We will ensure that this policy is available, understood and implemented throughout our facilities.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a global entity that classifies and regulates international standards between countries to enable international trade. We have successfully achieved numerous certifications and registrations for its continual improvement which are as follows:
Quality Management System
Food Safety Management System
BRC Global Standard For Food Safety
British Retail Consortium Issue – 7
SANHA Halal Certification
South African National Halal Authority
JAKIM Halal Certification
Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia
PSQCA product certifications
All mandatory food products
Supplier Ethical Data Exchange
Certificate of Excellence
Fire Safety 2019 NFEH & FPAP
Successful Company (Pakistan) 2021-22